Safety note: Admin approval is an initial review, not a guarantee that every detail is correct. Check important or urgent claims with official sources and report anything inaccurate or unsafe.
Source and credit: Contributor's own report
Teenager Stabbed at Sydney School as Guildford Campus Goes Into Lockdown - Sydney, NSW
Smart summary
A student was injured during an alleged stabbing at Granville South Creative and Performing Arts High School in Guildford, with another teenager taken into police custody.
A Sydney high school in Guildford was placed into lockdown on Thursday after a student was injured in an alleged stabbing incident during the morning. Emergency services were called to Granville South Creative and Performing Arts High School on Rowley Road, where police and paramedics responded to reports of an injured student.
The injured student, reported by police as being 14 years old in initial reports, was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics before being taken to hospital. A later local report identified the injured boy as 13 years old and said he had suffered a cut to his abdomen. He was taken to the Children's Hospital at Westmead and was reported to be in a stable condition.
Police said another student, also aged 14, was detained at the school before officers arrived and took him into custody. A knife was recovered and seized for further examination as investigators worked to establish exactly what happened.
The school was placed into lockdown while emergency services and police dealt with the incident. Staff instructed students to remain indoors while officers worked with the school to secure the area and begin their investigation.
Police later confirmed that no further incidents had been reported and students were safe. Officers remained at the school and were speaking with people involved as inquiries continued.
The incident has caused concern among parents and members of the local community. Parents gathered outside the school while the lockdown remained in place, waiting for information about their children. The incident has also renewed concerns about safety and violence within school environments.
The NSW Department of Education said violence of any kind is unacceptable in public schools and confirmed it was working closely with NSW Police. The department also said appropriate disciplinary action would be considered in response to the incident.
Police are continuing their investigation and are expected to speak with witnesses and others who may have information about the circumstances surrounding the alleged stabbing.
At the time of the latest reporting, no charges had been laid against the detained teenager. The investigation remains ongoing, and any allegations must be determined through the legal process.
For the Guildford community, the incident has been a major disruption to the school day, but authorities have confirmed that there were no further reported incidents and students were safe.
SchoolPoliceIncidentWereInjured
A Sydney high school in Guildford was placed into lockdown on Thursday after a student was injured in an alleged stabbing incident during the morning. Emergency services were called to Granville South Creative and Performing Arts High School on Rowley Road, where police and paramedics responded to reports of an injured student.
The injured student, reported by police as being 14 years old in initial reports, was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics before being taken to hospital. A later local report identified the injured boy as 13 years old and said he had suffered a cut to his abdomen. He was taken to the Children's Hospital at Westmead and was reported to be in a stable condition.
Police said another student, also aged 14, was detained at the school before officers arrived and took him into custody. A knife was recovered and seized for further examination as investigators worked to establish exactly what happened.
The school was placed into lockdown while emergency services and police dealt with the incident. Staff instructed students to remain indoors while officers worked with the school to secure the area and begin their investigation.
Police later confirmed that no further incidents had been reported and students were safe. Officers remained at the school and were speaking with people involved as inquiries continued.
The incident has caused concern among parents and members of the local community. Parents gathered outside the school while the lockdown remained in place, waiting for information about their children. The incident has also renewed concerns about safety and violence within school environments.
The NSW Department of Education said violence of any kind is unacceptable in public schools and confirmed it was working closely with NSW Police. The department also said appropriate disciplinary action would be considered in response to the incident.
Police are continuing their investigation and are expected to speak with witnesses and others who may have information about the circumstances surrounding the alleged stabbing.
At the time of the latest reporting, no charges had been laid against the detained teenager. The investigation remains ongoing, and any allegations must be determined through the legal process.
For the Guildford community, the incident has been a major disruption to the school day, but authorities have confirmed that there were no further reported incidents and students were safe.
The body of 18-year-old Lily Hooper, who disappeared during a solo hike in Nattai National Park, has been found after an extensive multi-agency search.
Gold Coast and Beenleigh train services were disrupted for hours after emergency crews responded to an incident near Yatala during Thursday morning’s pe...
A compliance blitz across Port Macquarie has resulted in 21 fines being issued at local building sites, highlighting increased scrutiny of construction...
The body of 18-year-old Lily Hooper, who disappeared during a solo hike in Nattai National Park, has been found after an extensive multi-agency search.
A compliance blitz across Port Macquarie has resulted in 21 fines being issued at local building sites, highlighting increased scrutiny of construction...
Port Macquarie, NSW · Community News · 19 Aug 2026
The proposed $13.28 million Ocean Pool at Oxley Beach has reached the state determination stage, but cost and coastal-risk concerns remain part of the l...
Orange City Council has launched its first Reconciliation Action Plan, marking a new step toward strengthening relationships with Aboriginal and Torres...
A month-long community campaign is encouraging Gosnells residents to donate breakfast essentials to help local people experiencing homelessness and hard...
The body of 18-year-old Lily Hooper, who disappeared during a solo hike in Nattai National Park, has been found after an extensive multi-agency search.
Councillors remain divided over a proposal to shift management of eight public aquatic centres to a private operator, with the final vote due on August 25.