Safety note: Admin approval is an initial review, not a guarantee that every detail is correct. Check important or urgent claims with official sources and report anything inaccurate or unsafe.
Source and credit: Contributor's own report
Smart summary
A body believed to be of an alleged triple murderer has been found in a "very decomposed state" several months after his alleged shooting spree. Julian Ingram, 37, was accused of killing his pregnant former partner So...
A body believed to be of an alleged triple murderer has been found in a "very decomposed state" several months after his alleged shooting spree.
Julian Ingram, 37, was accused of killing his pregnant former partner Sophie Quinn, her aunt Nerida Quinn and a third person in the western NSW town of Lake Cargelligo on 22 January.
There had been no positive sightings of Ingram since he was seen driving out of the town in a white getaway ute on the day of the alleged shootings.
But on Monday, NSW Police revealed they had found the body of a 37-year-old next to a white Ford Ranger, alongside a firearm, at Roundhill Nature Reserve, about 100km northeast of Lake Cargelligo.
While he is yet to be formally identified, the vehicle's registration number matched the ute used on the day of the murders. Police found the council worker's licence inside the car, and the clothing on the body has led officers to believe it is Ingram.
"It's a relief for those involved in the investigation, and probably a bigger relief for the people of Lake Cargelligo and the Quinn family," Western Region commander Andrew Holland told reporters.
"It brings closure to this investigation, it brings closure to the people of Lake Cargelligo and gives some solace to the town, so they can relax."
Ingram was believed to have committed the murders just hours after reporting for bail at a local police station.
Quinn, 25, and her friend John Harris, 32, were killed when bullets were fired into a dark hatchback on Lake Cargelligo's Bokhara St about 4.20pm.
Soon after, her 50-year-old aunt was shot dead at a home on Walker St, a two-minute drive away.
Kaleb Macqueen, 19, was also shot at the home but survived with serious injuries.
CargelligoIngramLakeAllegedBody
A body believed to be of an alleged triple murderer has been found in a "very decomposed state" several months after his alleged shooting spree.
Julian Ingram, 37, was accused of killing his pregnant former partner Sophie Quinn, her aunt Nerida Quinn and a third person in the western NSW town of Lake Cargelligo on 22 January.
There had been no positive sightings of Ingram since he was seen driving out of the town in a white getaway ute on the day of the alleged shootings.
But on Monday, NSW Police revealed they had found the body of a 37-year-old next to a white Ford Ranger, alongside a firearm, at Roundhill Nature Reserve, about 100km northeast of Lake Cargelligo.
While he is yet to be formally identified, the vehicle's registration number matched the ute used on the day of the murders. Police found the council worker's licence inside the car, and the clothing on the body has led officers to believe it is Ingram.
"It's a relief for those involved in the investigation, and probably a bigger relief for the people of Lake Cargelligo and the Quinn family," Western Region commander Andrew Holland told reporters.
"It brings closure to this investigation, it brings closure to the people of Lake Cargelligo and gives some solace to the town, so they can relax."
Ingram was believed to have committed the murders just hours after reporting for bail at a local police station.
Quinn, 25, and her friend John Harris, 32, were killed when bullets were fired into a dark hatchback on Lake Cargelligo's Bokhara St about 4.20pm.
Soon after, her 50-year-old aunt was shot dead at a home on Walker St, a two-minute drive away.
Kaleb Macqueen, 19, was also shot at the home but survived with serious injuries.
Melbourne has again been recognised among the world’s most liveable cities, but strong demand is increasing pressure on housing affordability, transport...
Police have charged a 42-year-old man following an alleged carjacking at Diggers Rest and a series of other alleged offences across Melbourne's north-west.
Victoria Police are investigating an alleged sexual assault at an East Melbourne hotel, with several Sydney Swans players linked to the investigation. N...
Thousands of visitors are gathering in Gunnedah as Ag Quip 2026 showcases the latest agricultural machinery, technology and farming innovations from Augu...
Quest Apartment Hotels says a security breach exposed customer records, including names, email addresses and other contact details, after unauthorised a...
Artists Emily Rose Hastie and Iluka Sax-Williams are bringing the ancient art of burning designs into the contemporary world, combining portraiture, cul...
A former airline pilot and aviation safety investigator has warned Sydney Airport could face serious consequences unless recent safety issues are addres...