Victoria Police have released new CCTV footage as detectives continue investigating the fatal shooting of 21-year-old Athan Boursinos in Wollert, in Melbourne's north. The fresh appeal comes more than a year after Boursinos was killed and focuses on the movements of people and vehicles believed to have been involved in the targeted attack.

Boursinos was shot shortly before 9am on July 31, 2025, in a laneway behind a property on Champions Parade in Wollert. Police have described the killing as targeted and believe it was connected to organised crime. Investigators say the offenders may have travelled from New South Wales to Victoria to carry out the attack.

According to police, the suspected offenders fled the scene in a Nissan Patrol after the shooting. The vehicle was later found burnt out on Amery Street in Reservoir. Investigators believe the Patrol had previously been stolen from Reservoir.

The group allegedly then changed vehicles. Police say the men travelled in a stolen grey Volkswagen Golf to a property in Dallas. CCTV released as part of the latest appeal shows men leaving a house several hours after the shooting. They later entered an Isuzu D-Max at around 11:50am.

Investigators believe the Isuzu travelled through Melbourne's northern suburbs, dropping two men in Reservoir before continuing towards the Glenroy area. Police later located another vehicle connected to the investigation burnt out in Mickleham.

Detectives believe four men may have played roles in the killing. Police allege two were from New South Wales and two were Victorian associates who may have assisted with accommodation and getaway vehicles. However, these remain police allegations and the investigation is continuing.

Detective Inspector Leigh Howse said investigators had conducted a prolonged investigation over the past 12 months and were now seeking public assistance to establish the identities and roles of the four men. Police also said they were still working to determine the motive for the killing.

Boursinos had alleged connections to organised crime, which police say adds complexity to the investigation. Authorities have not publicly established a definitive motive for his killing.

Police previously released CCTV and images in November 2025 showing two men investigators wanted to speak to. Those men were subsequently identified and spoken to by police, but the homicide investigation remained unresolved.

The latest footage is intended to help detectives reconstruct the movements of the suspected offenders and identify anyone who may have provided assistance before or after the shooting. Police are particularly interested in information about the vehicles used during the alleged escape and the people seen travelling between locations.

Authorities are urging anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers Victoria on 1800 333 000. Information can be provided confidentially.